- Karen Vigneault - Helping Native Adoptees Search
- Soaring Angels (search help for adoptees)
- About Trace
- Split Feathers Study
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- Adoption History
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children
- Reuters Investigates THE CHILD EXCHANGE (re-homing adoptees)
Friday, March 11, 2011
Out of the fog! True! This is a fantastic blog! Please read it. I mention coming out of my fog in the memoir...
“Do our people belong in the corporate world?” The elder paused and then began teaching. He told the story of an old prophecy about the "blue-eyed" ones – those of our people that were of mixed blood that would build bridges. He told how they will have the gift to walk with a foot in both worlds. When they are in the non-native world, they will be able to learn those ways but their spirits will always be Anishinabe. They will teach non-native people how to understand and respect our way of life. When they are in our communities, their spirits will be home but they will be able to teach us how to work in the non-native ways and prosper in a system that has oppressed our people for so long." - by Karen Bird, Ojibwe, 2008
Please Sign This!
For almost an entire century, Adopted Adults have been denied access to their medical history, their culture, their genealogy and ancestry and the answer to the age-old question - "Who Am I" -- this not only affects them, but it also affects their children and their children's children.
That's why I signed a petition to President Barack Obama, which says:
"For the President to enact an Executive Order which would restore the Original Birth Certificate to every ADULT ADOPTEE in America in one fell swoop because it is a civil and constitutional right! "
Will you sign the petition too? Click here to add your name: